Our Annual Sale—Up to 20% Off Select Items!
It’s February, and love is in the air. Aside from Valentine’s Day and the focus on Eros, did you know the Greeks also identified several different kinds of love?
- Philia— Affectionate love, friendship
- Storge— Familial love
- Philautia— Healthy self love
- Agape— Selfless love committed to the well-being of others
Experts widely believe that our well-being requires a good balance of all of these, and when we think about where all that love happens, we must admit that home is where the heart is.
Creating a Home We Love
So what’s wool got to do with it? Wool creates a warm, healthy, casually luxurious and inviting atmosphere, perfect for you, family, friends, and whoever else may stop by. When we focus on building a home environment that feels as good as it looks, it helps us relax and recharge (Philautia) and from that place of centered self-care, we have more to share with others (Eros, Philia, Storge, and Agape).
The really cool thing about wool is that the sense of wellbeing we feel in these spaces comes from a deep place—it comes from a product that is grown right, from the roots of the grass the sheep eat through the shearing and wool preparation process through manufacturing and quality assurance through hand-making the items that grace your bed and your home. No chemicals, no allergens, no plastic, no toxins, no compromises, no worries.
As Marie Kondo reminded us with her KonMari Method™, “keep only those things that speak to the heart, and discard items that no longer spark joy.” And when we pause to consider how much our environments interact with our health and wellbeing, and in turn how our choices affect our planetary environment as well, bringing wool into our homes is an act of love for ourselves, our loved ones, and our Earth. We promise, a purchase from Shepherd’s Dream is a gift to yourself that will pass the KonMari test year after year.
I Love…The Sale
How can we help you curate a homescape you love? Let’s begin by discounting some of our favorite items!
- 10% Off Comforters. Wool is the perfect comforter material—breathable and moisture wicking, it provides just the right amount of cozy warmth. As we look ahead to Spring and its warmer weather, be sure to check out our All Seasons and Summer Weight Comforters.
- 20% Off Ashland Organic Wool Pillows. In multiple sizes and thicknesses built just for your particular sleep needs. If you need help deciding, check out our pillow buying guide!
- 10% Off Wool Blankets. From our colorfully soft and checkered EcoWool® Shasta Blanket to our organic and washable Merino Wool Blanket, we’ve got you covered.
- 10% Off Cascade Latex Mattress. All-natural Dunlop latex wrapped in EcoWool and organic cotton. One side is firmer for back and stomach sleepers, the other is softer for side sleepers.
- 15% Off Children’s Bedding. Share the wool love with your littles with our EcoWool-filled Child’s Sleep Pillow, Washable Crib Mattress Protector, and Washable Wool Puddle Pads.
Share the Love
A home space outfitted and decorated with purpose and care for ourselves will automatically touch everyone who shares our space. When you love your home environment, chances are everyone you care about will feel the love too. And with sustainability woven into every item we sell, a Shepherd’s Dream purchase spreads the love around from you, to your family and friends, and outward to the world at large. And that’s a lot of love to celebrate.