You may also like…
Our Shasta Blankets are made with USA grown EcoWool and naturally dyed. Featuring a classic buffalo checkered pattern and a double-finished edge, these blankets are both attractive and durable. Add these blankets to your bed, throw in the car for picnics, or take camping.
- Soft: Made with super fine wool.
- Sustainable: USA grown EcoWool produced without harmful chemicals.
- Versatility: Medium-weight blanket with superior feel and beautiful drape.
- Unique double-finished edge: First with our fine thread serging operation, then through our vintage Merrow machine to apply the traditional blanket stitch with a heavier yarn.
- Non-Toxic: Shasta Blankets are dyed with the best method available for coloring wool fiber without toxicity.
- Variety: Currently offered in green, red, and ivory.
Our Shasta Blankets are dyed with reactive dyes. Reactive dyes are highly colored, organic substances that bind chemically with natural fibers using Lanasol Pigments. This is the best method available for dyeing wool fiber without toxicity.
Below are some of the advantages of this dye method:
- Lanasol Pigments delivery the same quality as chrome dyes.
- Natural dyes use less energy than most commercial dyes.
- Dyed in a batch method. All dyed are completely exhausted into the scale areas of the wool chain, thereby not leaving any residual dyestuff. In other words, green dyeing.
- Wool dyed with Lanasol Pigments produce a far superior average fiber length. As a result, this process creates finer quality fabrics.
- Complies with all AATCC Test Standard Criteria.
Extra Long Throw
Width x Length (in inches)
36 x 44
44 x 60
71 x 89
89 x 89
106 x 89
We are loving our new blanket. It’s soft—not scratchy— and very warm! We used it to replace two cotton blankets, which weren’t enough to keep us warm at night anyway, and now are toasty warm. It’s an awesome blanket. I wish I’d bought one years ago.
I’ve gifted several of these cozy throws to friends and family. They are a high quality, super warm and classic gift that never goes out of style and always remains useful.
This blanket is soft, yet very durable. We bought it as a throw, but my kids loved the feel, smell, and warmth of it so much they have taken it on as their night time comforter. The red color is vibrant, and it's nice to have a lightweight blanket that also provides warmth when needed. I highly recommend this item!
I’ve been splurging on organic and local bedding for a while. We wanted a wool blanket. At first I was hoping for a solid color and not crazy about the Buffalo plaid for the bedroom, but it is BEAUTIFUL. No complaints.