Our Wool Washable Mattress protector will leave your mattress and topper dry and clean without compromising the breath-ability of your bed. Made with the highest quality of standards, this item has elastic on the corners and is finished with a simple serge stitch around the edges so the item will not fray when washed. The elastic can stretch to at least a 15” depth. Our Washable Wool Mattress Protectors are made with 2 extra inches in both directions to allow for a small amount of shrinkage.
The Benefits of a Wool Mattress Protector
- Completely breathable, this mattress protector will help to keep you in your optimal comfort zone
- Wool is highly absorbent and protective
- Wool is naturally flame resistant
- Our melton wool is grown and processed without the use of any harmful chemicals or fire retardants
- Our melton wool textile weights 32 ounces per linear yard
Wool reduces common bedroom allergens because it is naturally mold and mildew resistant. Wool quickly absorbs and releases moisture and thus, does not allow the damp conditions that mold thrive on. Other natural fibers, such as down and cotton, do not readily release moisture. Wool is also naturally fire resistant which means that all of our bedding is able to pass flame tests without the use of any added chemicals.