By choosing organic you are helping to reduce the amount of pesticides and herbicides used in growing cotton and supporting a trend towards sustainable farming practices. Our imported, GOTS Certified organic cotton sateen has a 230 thread count and is naturally off white. With a width of 112″, this Organic Cotton Sateen fabric can go a long way and is excellent for making quilts or your own sheeting. This fabric is grown and manufactured in India.
Our domestic, GOTS Certified organic cotton sateen is a thicker sateen textile with a thread count of 322 and is naturally off white also. With a width of 112″, this fabric is great for those projects that need more durability.
- Conventionally grown cotton is one of the most heavily treated crops in the world.
- If all cotton currently produced in the world was grown organically, we would see a 25% reduction in global insecticide use.
- Conventional agricultural methods can cause water contamination.
- Many EPA-approved pesticides were registered long before extensive research linked these chemicals to cancer and other diseases.
- Organic is better for you and the planet.
Sateen is a slightly shiny and very soft fabric that is often described as buttery because of it’s smooth feel. Sateen holds bold colors well while maintaining its softness and is known to resist wrinkling, so it’s easy to care for. Sateen is a weave in which many threads are aligned tightly together in the vertical direction, creating a flat, smooth, shiny and very soft surface on one side of the fabric and a slightly matte one on the other.
Please call us for pricing on single pieces larger than 5 yards.